Saturday, September 02, 2006

Palo Alto - 2nd day

Heh heh... So today I went to see the place I will be living at for the next 4 months.

A very nice place indeed. A lot bigger than I imagined. Very clean and very equipped!... Looking forward to moving in.. more to come.. but enjoy these videos below for now...





The ppl in Palo Alto seems loaded... just around my neighbourhood: 3 cars to the right (including a BMW SUV, and a green beetle), one victorian styled house across the street, and a lexus to the left. Looking down the street, you can see BMWs littered across the driveway. Yet this is nothing compared to when u get to the main roads here.. once you are driving around Palo Alto, you see nice cars EVERYWHERE!!! ... and at the bank yesterday, I was reading the classified section. The houses in Palo Alto, Los Altos, etc... they go for millions of dollars (US dollars!!!). Ah mondieu... the cheapest house listed was $500000...

So today I went shopping for food to stock up my new place... finding one in Cupertino (with the help of a veteran guide), I bought some 'yodulee' and vermicelli.. there's even 'siu' duck for sale there!...

then went to safeway... getting one of those membership cards saved me a fortune!!! Today I bought 15 cans of Campbell's chicken noodle soup, 6 packs of 600g pasta, some oil, AND a 2L bottle of pop.. for $20.96 USD!!!!... I have to say I am very happy.. supposedly w/ this membership thing I saved $7.67 today... woohoo!!!

Also went back to downtown Palo Alto today and tried the rotating su
shi boat place for lunch... pretty nifty... oh, and apparently octopus here is cheaper than salmon... I even saw them selling octopus at the chinese supermarket today!!!...

So now my blog is setup... can put in pics, and movies via youttube.... Now I am off to McD to grab myself a Happy Meal!

2 comments:

shima mirkarimi said...

Where is the english translation of the movies?!
Looks like it's going to be an interesting 4 months. Keep posting Manson!

Anonymous said...

LOL..why are u speaking in chinese in ur clips? u became fob-ER! hahaha

and guess what i heard in the first clips..u were saying "these are the sheets"...and i heard "these are the shits"! lol ..u really gotta re-learn ur english pronunciation, fob! haha

It's really a HUGE place, looks like u can cook all the time! =P