Friday, November 03, 2006

LA Weekend Part I: Operation V220 Revival Saves the Day

So after Operation V220 Revival, it was time for the main event of the wkend... Los Angeles and Marissa Land!!!

So a couple events at happened on Fri night:
1) Highway 101
So I was driving down the 101, and passing a few people here and there, going 'slightly' above speed limit, etc... after 10 minutes or so, after passing yet another car, I start getting highbeamed. So thinking I p!ssed the driver off -- and not wanting to get shot -- I move back in one lane and let the car pass me by... problem solved right?... WRONG!
Because once I moved in, more cars started to flash their high beams at me...
At this point, I realize that I couldn't have p!ssed off that many people... so as I continue driving, a car who passed me by points to my car and waves his hands etc... At this point, I decide to pull over and make sure nothing was wrong with the car (ie. not leaking gas, trunk wasn't popped open.. etc.)
So we pull over and walk around the car, nothing seemed to be wrong at all... then as BJ and Odog step back in, they ask me... are the lights on?...
And with that... we were on our way.. haha!

I thought it was weird that I only twisted the light knob to the first position... but then again, this car didn't have a steering wheel height adjuster on it.. yet it had a MP3 CD player on board... so I thought meh, maybe it's another weird thing for this car...

I blame my headlight not on incident to the car... wasn't my fault I tell you.. wasn't my fault! :)

2) Reason behind Operation V220 Revival
So the main reason behind the Operation V220 Revival was for the LA trip. We were meeting City Boy in LA, who was living it up at a high class hotel... but since LA is a big city, it would be hard to find him...
Now I had established the fact that the V220 can't make calls in the last post, but lo and behold... text message works!... So with this in mind, I wrote a text msged and it was received by City Boy... phewf...
turned out he was at a club when we texted him, lucky the V220 came through... or we'd be sleeping on the streets this night!

No comments: