Saturday, December 02, 2006

San Fran Part III: Tea Garden and Exploratorium

Waking up, I went to san fran to complete my other goal... the japanese tea garden. I was very glad I made this trip, because the place is VERY pretty. Go to the pictures section to see just how nice everything was!



After strolling inside the tea garden for almost two hours, I grabbed a quick bite and headed to the exploratorium. This place is like the science center, only I thought it was wayyy cooler and much more fun. Right before I left, I was able to talk with the person who designed most of the exhibits there, and got some great advice on how I can partially recreate one of their exhibits for our batcape presentation! All in all, this scouting experience was very fun and fruitful.

After two breathtaking events, I drove back from san fran to buy some groceries... and lo and behold, I discover a $23.00 gift set of black label on sale! So immediately, I grabbed one off the shelf and put it in my cart. Good stuff!

Ended the day by attending a bday dinner in the area. It sounds very bad, but the highlight of this event for me was not the bday, but getting to see someone from the past that I wasn't sure if I was ready to see at the moment. Long story short, I was more ready than I thought. It was 'slightly' awkward (I use this term VERY loosely here), but much less than I had imagined. So overall, I was glad I went. The other highlight was the free valet parking! :)

Plan for tomolo = MoMA!

No comments: