Sunday, December 03, 2006

San Fran Part IV: MoMA and 'Golden' Gate

So today a youngling came from Toronto to visit her dear old friends! After finding out that the plane arrived half an hour earlier (via a phone call), I jumped out of bed and headed for the airport.

So apparently, Canada to U.S. is a 'domestic' flight! Thinking Can to US was 'internationl', I drove up to the int'l terminal, only to find that Ms. Youngling was nowhere to be seen. Dum dum me decided to get out of the car and walk in to see, but little did I know, when I return back to the car, a parking patrol awaited me to deliver me a ticket! LOL.. my 2nd parking ticket... I would have been more p!ssed, but the parking ticket took me down memory lane... and eerily funny since it happened the day after I saw the past.

But all this aside, today was the day I become more cultured and visit the museum of modern art at san fran. Great experience I have to say. Got in for almost half price (since I was a student) AND received a docent tour, learning even more about the art.

One art piece had alot of meaning for me. This painting was called 'Heaven on Earth'. In this painting, the painter (Anselm Kiefer) has a river in the middle, but looking at this river clearly, you see that it is painted like the sky! So it was almost like the river was flowing from the heavens into the ground, or earth and heaven was united. I was very taken by the painting, since it basically summarizes the whole 'making dreams a reality' concept. Well, at least that's my interpretation of it.

After spending a good 3 hours at MoMA and feeling slightly smarker, we went to the wharf for some good crab. As always, it was great!. To finish off the mini San Fran experience, we went to see the Golden Gate Bridge at night. With a newfound technique, I was able to understand just how 'golden' the Golden Gate Bridge was...



Red during the day, golden during the night. What a sight!

But like all 27 hour days, my companion was exhausted from this relentless schedule. So I dropped her off at where she's staying. Have fun in the warm west coast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bridge looks amzing at night, I miss it. Can't believe it's been 10 years since I was in San Francisco. Gotta go visit again someday.