Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Visit to Health Services

So after coughing profusely the past few days, I decided to go for some expert advice... here's an excerpt:

Nurse writes the following down before letting me see a doctor...
"So this started on Friday, and I've been coughing up yellow and green stuff... had coughing fits for two nites now... started having a headache today so popped a tynenol, been drinking buckley's since Sat."

Doc: Hrm, are you sick?
Me: I hope not...
Doc: Well, when you are coughing up yellow and green stuff, it usually means you are...

... after the examination

Doc: So, there are many types of viruses... there are the common colds,... the mono... which there's no cure for. Yours look like a virus. How soon you get well depends on ur immune system. So drink lots of water, take akinesia, vitamin C, chicken soup, and whatever, and gets lots of rest. If you start consistently coughing up green stuff, not yellow, then come back and we will check on it again.

... ...
One hour later I walk out... ... ... I want this hour of my life back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathy. If you choose to study Medicine, you won't probably need to go for this. Since you are not in the field, you have to seek prof advice so you have to spend extra time!!! What if he said something else???

Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok that was just a waste of time... my pharmacist could have given better advice. Get well soon Anime Buddy =)