Friday, February 16, 2007

IRC and the 'ring'

So today, after 5 years of sweat and blood, I received the 'ring'... Before receiving this ring, I honestly did not think much about it... but as the ceremony began and those warden ppl started talking, I thought about these 5 years... and well, this ring means alot more than just a hunk of battered steel...

To me, I have seemed to associate with it my memories for these 5 years.. the ups and the downs, the good times and the bad, the me who has definitely changed as a person (probably for the worst), the people that I have met, the people that I will never meet... To me this ring symbolizes basically my university life in its entirety... for better or for worse.

The other thing at IRC was that I heard one good quote that I had forgotten recited during the ceremony... I can't find the exact quote but it is supposedly by Robert Frost (or Brown) and it goes something like this:

"A man's reach should always exceed its grasp, for what's heaven for?"...

I have always loved this quote... and I guess it is something that I should believe in again...

No comments: