Thursday, June 21, 2007

Enroute & Bonjour Seattle

After a late nite hotpot, and with a 'few' items still not packed, woke up extra early (9am) and started packing... then took a nap (once everything was packed of course)

The drive to the airport was horrendous, guess 'old wise man' was right to leave so early. Few minor issues right before leaving from home, but let's hope these issues work themselves out.

With the huge heavy traffic everywhere, arrived at the airport even later than I wanted. My idea of stackable cars is seeming more and more useful, the more and more I think about it... who knows, maybe one day it will come into reality!

Rushing around everywhere is definitely not fun at all; not to mention the immigration line was surprisingly long (in fact, the longest I have seen EVER)! At 5:25pm, I was still only at the head of the line at immigration, with my flight scheduled to depart at 6:05pm. Didn't get to take the nice family farewell photos I had hoped, but next time, next time!

I did make the flight though. After semi-running down with 30+ lbs on my back and shoulders, and sweating like a pig, I was at the gate by the first boarding call...with 30 sec to spare! Ironically, the plane was delayed by half an hour after everyone had boarded it because we were the 17th plane in line to fly out.

...As the plane was descending down to Seattle, it hit me: I am really on my own now. This is for real. Not coop, not a vacation, but this is it! Wow. In all the rush in packing and running around at the airport, guess I really never stopped to think about it.

And so officially a new chapter of my life begins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea... it takes a while to hit... but don't worry, soon you'll almost never want to come back... maybe =P
But I'll be there in 3 months so u know it'll feel like Waterloo/T.O. all over again LOL
Stay out of trouble, and try not to get deported too soon now!

Anonymous said...

We've already been thru so much over the years, no doubt in my mind that we'll all make it. besides, u r never completely on ur own, rmb that chinese saying "when u leave home, depend on your friends"