Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day After Operation Hail Mary Part I: 400m Dash

On this beautiful after Operation Hail Mary, the plan was: go grocery shopping, eat, return rental car, then hop on bus at 1:37pm.

Finishing a brunch of champion at 1:30pm, I set out and saw the bus that I want to go on 24 streets (~2.4 km) down the road... and so began my race with the bus!

I passed the bus w/ the rental car, and had a good 12 streets distance between me and the bus. Pulled into the parking lot, dropped the keys off and started a 400m sprint to the nearest bus stop.

Time of the 400m dash: Not fast enough to catch the bus... I think I just missed the bus by 30 seconds or so, because when I got to the bus stop I saw an elderly lady just crossing the street (indicating she must have just gotten off the bus)...

If only the cop car was not staking out and slowing down all the drivers on the road, I might have been able to give myself a 16 street advantage, and be able to catch the bus!

Lessons learned:
1) Need to start exercising more. Feeling tired after 100m is definitely an indication that I am out of shape.
2) If ever racing a bus again, give self more time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL brings back memories of when I had to race to the bus stop during the pre-licence highschool days.