Saturday, July 21, 2007

Driving Test Adventure

So the day before, I picked up the rental in preparation for the driving test today. There seemed to be something wrong with the engine... the tachometer needle would swing wildly at the lowest speeds, the car struggled to go uphill (and actually slid backwards if I was on an incline with it), and the car couldn't go past 70 mph without shaking like a machine gun (not too surprising since I had to floor it to get up to 50 mph). But all this just meant it was the PERFECT car for me! With all these 'features' in place, I am sure not to go over the speed limit :).

With the perfect car under my arsenal, I went ahead and did the driving portion of my driving test. I was pretty sure I failed since I had hit the curb during my test, but miraculously somehow I got 96/100!... Apparently me hitting a curb while simulating backing out of a driveway after having not understood completely what the tester person was asking me to do doesn't constitute as a big X. What luck!

As I glimpsed at the list of people who went before me this day, it seems that I was the best driver by far (everyone else had a lower mark than me), this with me hitting the curb! :)

But since I am unable to prove that I currently do not reside in a box out on the street, I didn't end up getting the actual picture card from the DMV. But in the system, I have passed!

No comments: