Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day Part I: Random Drive

After two days of orientation, I got a day off since its Independence Day! What a way to kick off work.. haha..

It was a beautiful day, and the house was hot. So I decided to drive around and see where it takes me. Driving up to Kirkland, I walked around two small beaches and the view is pretty nice.

Can't believe there are houses where every day they can have such a nice view!

Another thing I found interesting was that the crosswalks had flags. Supposedly, if you wanted to cross the street, you pick up one of these flags, then wave it around while you are crossing, then once you cross the street, place the flag back into slots on the pole. What happened to good old fashioned J-walking? lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow they're serious about being seen when crossing down there huh. Maybe they're worried drivers will be too distracted by the coastline to notice them.