Friday, August 24, 2007

Hiking and Happy Hour

Today was another team event... this time a 2 mile hike up Tiger mountain.

The hike was not strenuous (though some ppl might disagree). The only thing that happened was that I got bit by a mosquito perhaps on my hand, and that resulted in my left hand swelling up like a bear paw! (Staring closely at the left hand, where the index and middle finger meet, and you will notice some swellage...

The other cool thing is that people apparently do paragliding on this mountain. They carry all their gear up to where we had lunch, and then fly off!!! That sounds sooo amazing. Their gear looked very heavy though.

Without Benadryl or allergy medication or insect repellent, the only way to reduce the swelling was the age old remedy... BEER! After the hike, went to a local pub and got a passport, officially becoming a citizen of rogue nation :). By being a citizen of rogue nation, I am entitled to a free yard and a free T-shirt on my birthday, as well as some discounts here and there when I go to a rogue nation bar. Woohoo!

After becoming a citizen, went back to work to check up on a few things and then went to my first Happy Hour with my fellow Canadian coworker. A local bar with cheap pitchers... ahhh, the taste of cool beer on a sunny Friday evening! ... Mmmm...

Of course, all this beer drinking was to reduce the swelling caused by the reaction to the mosquito bite... because I usually do not drink... right Anime Buddy? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL yea sure it was for swelling... did u think I would be so easily convinced. =P