Sunday, August 26, 2007

Random Sunday Part III - 2 lb Steak and Shrimp Dinner

Having not ate real meat in 4 days, I decided to splurge a little and go for a gourmet meal.

Earlier in the day, I had saw the sign that today's the day for a carnivorous day when I saw a close to 4 lb meat package on sale at $3.49/lb. This was not uncommon, but what was strikingly odd was that this package had only 2 pieces in it (usually, for this size and packaging, there would be 4 pieces of steak).

To add to my gourmet meal, I decided to buy some shrimp and learn how to steam it... I am glad to say I have semi-mastered another dish in my ever expanding cooking repertoire

So a couple hours later, and close to 2 lbs of meat and 0.66 lbs of shrimp later, Mson is once again satisfied :)

Note: Real meat means meat that looks and tastes like meat. Not the vegetarian tofu meat, but the real meat that comes from animals. Also eggs and stuff that comes from a cow does not count as 'real meat'...

No comments: