Saturday, August 11, 2007

Seafood Galore Day Part I: @ Salty's

Woke up bright and early today to go to an AYCE seafood brunch. We arrived early to find complimentary valet parking for this restaurant. After talking to the hostess, we realize that the others did not make a reservation, so we had to on the spot make one... luckily the restaurant had a table for 12 available; and it was a good one too! It was a table outside on the patio, facing the Seattle skyline! It got a bit chilly towards the end when I was eating the fruits portion of my meal, but it was a very relaxing and filling brunch.

The food at the brunch was amazing! AYCE raw oysters (though there were pieces of shell on it at times), hot and cold Dudgness crab, shrimp, clams, mussels, chocolate fondue, crepes, roast beef, ham, omelet cooked on the spot. The service was also top notch too. I didn't have to ask for my water to be refilled the entire time! (the night before I had to ask at least 5 times for my water to be refilled).

At times I felt bad for the oyster shucker, cuz I would see him chuck an oyster, only for me to grab it from him to put on my plate. I saw him rubbing his hand a couple times, but them oysters were just too good for him or me to take a break! :)

But of course, for all good things in life, there is Mastercard...or VISA in my case for a $48.23 per person bill.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy... this better be one of the places you take me to when I get there =P No McD's for this tourist!