Friday, October 19, 2007

Willy's Weekend: Blue Fin Lies

Getting a message last week, I was notified that the SyDe Crew will be invading Seattle. So like any proper tour guide, I went about thinking of places that S.Town can offer. The first idea I had was to try out this new AYCE seafood place at Northgate called Blue Fin. Since AYCE oysters is a rare thing in the east coast, I thought it'd be nice to take the SyDe rep from Chi-town to this place.

The restaurant was called Blue Fin. I was sooo excited too. I called them 4 thems that one day... one to make a reservation (which I couldn't as they told me), once to ask them if they had AYCE oysters tonight (which they said they did), once to ask them when they stop serving food (since rep from Chi-town might be coming in late), and once to ask them exactly where they are (since apparently the google maps mapped it across the street from where it was suppose to be).

And in summary, it was absolutely disappointing. So we arrived on time (after going on the wrong lane.. and going 80 to 90 miles an hour on the highway on a rainy and windy night). That was ok, but when we walked around the food section, one critical thing was missing... the oysters. We asked the guy there where it is, thinking we might have missed it, and the guy goes 'oh, the company that delivers the oysters got 5 other restaurants sick, so we don't have them'. I was like... er... wtf??? You'd think when I called them that 2nd time they could tell me that... They are lucky I was hungry, and that they had octopus sushi, and that I am more patient nowadays... otherwise I would rip that guy apart!

Blue Fin.. What lies!

After Blue Fin, headed to Parlour for some drinks and pool. After pool, showed showed Will Forza 2 and then time magically passed by. By 4am, we were tired and called it a night. Tomorrow, the plan is to wake up at 9:30am... to go hiking (rain or shine)!.. haha. So ends the first night of Willy's Weekend.

No comments: