Monday, January 07, 2008

Back to Stown

Back to Stown... Time to tie up loose ends and start rolllling ahead! So many little things to take care of, but I guess things will not just magically take care of themselves...at least not here where I am on my own...

How was coming back to S.town?.. hrmmm... it actually felt a bit different this time than 6ish months ago. This time, I almost felt like I missed Toronto. The food, the friends, the family...

This time around, it seemed like I ran out of time. There were people I would have wanted to see, people that I would have wanted to talk to more, but there just did not seem like there was enough time... I wonder if this is what happens as we grow older...

This time around, I felt like a visitor... Back in the Waterloo days, returning to Toronto was just like any other day, but this time, coming back felt different, it felt like I was a guest and on a sight seeing tour or something...

It was also very interesting in a way, because while there were those who I would love to see more, there was one I was actually unsure if I had wanted to see... funny how things turned out though, cuz we really never ended up meeting properly... I guess it was both relieving and sad at the same time, not quite sure what to make of it. We did put on a brave front, but I guess in the end, though probably for different reasons, it just wasn't the right time to meet... maybe we are just too much the same...

So what I had already thought would happen 7 months ago came true. Talk about foresight!

No comments: