Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sushi and Laker Day

Waking up ridiculously early, took a few naps here and there and then around noon, proceeded to go eat home made sushi :). Spent the next 4 hours making and eating sushi... haha.. who knew sushi takes that long to make!!! We had squid, salmon, faux crab, avocado, and octopus all at our disposal. The octopus tasted sooo yummy. Loveeee tako! It was pretty fun to make (and eat) sushi though. Thanks to the few chefs who made most of the sushi on this fine day. We should do it more often!

After sushi, then headed off to the sonics vs. lakers game. It was a blowout game where the lakers won by 20 points. Lakers was actually en route to get over 100 points before the end of the 3rd quarter, if only Kobe did not get ejected from the game after getting T'd up twice. It was really fun watching an entire game again though, the intensity, the desire, the body language that gets conveyed when they are gonna go all the way,... wouldn't mind going to watch another game in the near future.

Since the game ended relatively early, went around the area and ate. At this place, I drank 2.5 pitchers of US iced tea in one sitting. The waitress must think
a) either I was passing the iced tea around to the others at the table OR
b) I am a crazy man...
Note: Even though I ordered a refillable cup, I asked the waitress to kindly bring a pitcher since I knew I would be drinking an insanely amount of liquids this night...

This day did show me I am not anywhere near recovered yet. I was exhausted throughout and really really needed to take naps (managed to squeeze 2 in during this time, and numerous super quick power naps). If it was not for those, I think I would have done what I did at the Egyptian museum and my legs would give out on the spot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude that's a lot of iced tea.