Saturday, April 19, 2008

First Ever Seattle Bday

Today is CS Buddy's Seattle Bday... What this means is that a person who lives in Seattle will gain another birthday that commences 8 days after the person's 'real' birthday! How did we come up with this great idea you ask?...

Well, I guess this is similar to the week long bday galas some people get in TO. But since week long galas happen in the same city, a Seattle Bday is just like one of the nights you would have during the week long gala, but you continuing celebrating in Seattle.

Defining a new term, a day is a person's Seattle Bday iff:
1) your 'home-home' is not Seattle
2) you celebrated your 'real' birthday at 'home-home' for at least a night
3) you must be residing in Seattle (duh - how else would it be a Seattle Bday?)
If all of the above apply, then your Seattle Bday is 8 days after your 'real' bday.
Note: This definition is subject to change so that I can reap in the benefits of a dual bday later on down the road :)

So for the morning of this Seattle Bday, I had to wake up really early to wait for the dryer dude. They've been here 4 times, but I think this 4th time should be the last (crossing my fingers). So far dryer has not been hiccuping, so that's a good sign!

For the rest of the morning, I ran a bunch of errands. But of all the errands I ran, I forgot to go to the dollar store to grab a shiny tiara! Would have been hilarious if I remembered.. but oh well, maybe next year for CS buddy's Seattle Bday.

Once afternoon hit, it was a bunch of activities including pancakes, wine tasting, K (in the afternoon AND without booze...my gosh), and then a nice dinner at Elliot's. Was suppose to end the night at a club, but it was converted into a bowling event. Seeing I had to wake up at 5:30am the next morning, I decided to pass on bowling at the bowling alley and bowl in my sleep instead...

The wine tasting was different from the one I had last time with fellow Brazilian griller. This one felt very rushed and there was not much explaining. It almost felt like I paid $10 for 4 sips of alcohol. I did end up buying a bottle from this winery though... this award winning one supposedly. The ironic part was that I got more wine from the 'taste test' before I bought the wine (2 quarter glasses - 1 glass with the wine I was about to buy, and another one to 'compare' against) than the 4 sips that I got from wine tasting. Should have just said I might want to buy the wines that I paid $10 for, probably would have had bigger portions and would have been free!

At the K, the mics there were pretty busted but I guess its Seattle, so what can I expect eh?... At least it was cheap though.. $5 a person. haha...

The oysters at Elliot's was pretty good! :) Loooove oysters!

No comments: