Sunday, May 04, 2008

Culture Day @ SAM!

So the Louvre exhibit was in town for the last few months apparently. Supposedly the Louvre museum was undergoing renovation, so they sent most of their pieces out on loan. There were lots of sculptures present and seeing how I have not been cultured for quite a while, today seemed the perfect day for a little Roman art.

So arriving at the SAM just in time, we were able to catch the tour. The tour went on for an hour and a bit, which was much longer than the last tour I went on I think. But it was an interesting tour. The lady did a great job tying the historical context with the art. And seeing how I love history, the tour was pretty interesting!

Also saw a few people drawing the sculptures. I peaked at how they are doing and I think it's really cool that they are so artistically talented... able to draw something on the spot, that looks just like it!

I had always thought the other parts of the art gallery does not change much. But only walking briefly through the other floors, it seems there are new art pieces (though there were alot of the older ones as well). Next time I go back I think I will definitely go and walk through those floors in detail!

After getting cultured, with it being such a nice day, I went for a jog. I can happily say that I can now jog for 15 min (instead of 4:37min)! Hopefully in a couple weeks I can get up to 20 min, or even 30 min.

Cultured Mson out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL I think I'm still at 2mins of jogging before I need to stop and take a breather. Gotta work on that this summer for sure.