Friday, May 09, 2008

En route to Calgary

So last weekend, I was thinking: wouldn't it be nice to go to Calgary and see my autns and uncle. So with that, the following Monday, I decided to book tickets to fly up to Calgary for my grandma's 80th, just like that!... wuhahaha

So after work, hopped on to a plane, and Calgary bounded I was!

First time taking Alaskan this time, and I was very surprised that they served complimentary booze on the plane. Me and the passenger next to me didn't believe it when we heard it. Supposedly they rationed people to get only 2 cups (as the lady flight attendant told me when I asked for a double refill). But as the plane continued to fly, the same flight attendant just walked by every so often and topped my cup off! So 1.5 hr flight later, 3.5 cups of beer for me. Guess I got more than the 'average' Jo.

So the person sitting next to me was pretty cool. We actually talked for the entire duration of the flight! She was telling me how her aunt is a war veteran, and she had her aunt's medals for with her for safekeeping. So during the flight, she pulled the picture frame with all the medals and showed me. That was pretty cool... first time seeing real actual medals. Turns out she is also an amateur photography and a cancer survivor. What I thought was most intriguing was that she looked very happy with her life, able to joke about her ordeals and such. It's really interesting to hear her talk about her life. Talking with her made the flight go by sooo fast - she is one of those people that you just get all cheered up talking to!

Arriving at the Calgary airport at midnight, I saw my mom, aunt, uncle and my 2 cousins (my mom and cousins just flew in 30 minutes ago)! Then it was off to the house for some picture framing time!

By the time we arrived, alot of people were sleeping already, but we ended up waking up pretty much the whole house except for 3 people! :). Saw my lil uncle and aunt for the first time in 10+ years :). So after waking up most of the house (not on purpose), we went to work on getting the picture frame set up. This was truly a team effort, and the movie I took of it is somewhere on another computer. But everyone at the scene had input and contributed to this collage my cousin made for our grandma. It was a pretty nice piece of art.. of which I had input in!

So an hour or so of this work, the Toronto-lites were all getting tired ... so called it a night to get ready to wake up bright and early the next day... at 9am GASP!

No comments: