Saturday, May 10, 2008

Grandma's 80th Bday Day - Day I

Waking up bright and early... we went on our way towards Kanakaskas... a place 1 hour west or so from Calgary. Lots of snow, trees and water... took tons of scenery pictures... but it was a lot of driving!


After the trip to Kanakaskas, went back with cousins to complete the picture frame project! So the 5 of us (yes, FIVE of us) endeavoured to the poster into the picture frame... One hour later, the picture is in the frame! :)

For dinner, went to this Chinese restaurant, where we had reserved a table inside a room. The dishes came out really fast and before we know it, most of our dishes were there. I guess that was ok but 3/4 of the way through, this random guy walks in, stares at our table, then starts mumbling about how he would not be eating until 9pm or some sh*t like that.

I am guessing he must have made reservations for the room or something, but wtf?!?! He should really have shut up and stop b*tching about how he booked the room out loud. So disrespectful and rude; and on Mother's Day too. Every 5 minutes the guy would go, "kids are suppose to be at that smaller table, and we (to his group) are suppose to be sitting here... We are not gonna get to eat till 9pm"... He's really lucky that grandma didn't seem to hear any of it, and that the whole family was here. Imagine if he said something like this in a bar, he would definitely get his a55ed kicked. Too bad I am such a gentlemen (and not drunk), otherwise sparklers that I bought for the cake might just have gone on his face.

After dinner, we went to the cemetery to see Grandpa's grave. This was the first time I've been to it since I was not able to make the funeral when he passed away. This was actually one of the reasons I had wanted to come to Calgary this weekend. Wasn't really sure what I am suppose to do, but just felt that I wanted to go and see it. Though we weren't there for a long time, what I thought was most touching was that when grandma arrived, the first thing she did was go up to the stone where grandpa was and wiped away the dust/dirt that was on it. Throughout dinner, she seemed to look very sleepy, but at grandpa's resting place, she moved with such agility that I didn't even notice she was at the front until she was already done tidying the place up! That was really heart warming...

After all of us paid our respects to grandpa, we went back to uncle's house and took more pictures and gave the picture frame to grandma. With all the cameras that we have, wouldn't be surprised if we took 100+ pics just from this part of the night!

Also called the little cousins in HK. Sadly, they didn't remember me... and here I was 8 years ago teaching them how to swim!... hahahaha... Guess I will forgive them though... since back then, one was 2 yrs old and the other was 10 mths old or so... (this and the fact that they called me 'bui gor').. wuhahaha!

No comments: