Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another Night in Kirkland

No ketchup for $$$ this week. But after a little bit of late night work, I did swing by and go up to Kirkland again.

Meeting up w/ Kirkland Native and Fellow Intern, the first drink of the night was ridiculously strong. A simple rum and coke, but I think it was 4 parts rum, and 1 part coke. Dammmm this is what happens when you go to a bar where people know you well! Every drink this night were double or triples :).

So apparently the two of them didn't remember much about the night. But responsible me remembered it all :). Such a good boy am I!

Some noteworthy events:
Bouncer Impersonation
Kirkland Native walks up to the door, then turns around and asks for ID. The girl actually gives him her ID thinking he's the bouncer... heh heh heh... as the real bouncer put it, veryyyy smooth! Very smooth indeed!

Top shelf tequila down the drain
With last call, I decided I wanted some nice tequila from this nice white bottle (I forgot the name of it). So here were the 3 shots, then one spills directly on my shirt :(. So an entire shot wasted, we then start evening out the 2 remaining shots between the 3 shot glasses... pretty interesting watching 2 drunk people + 1 good boy trying to pour tequila into 3 shot glasses from 2 in mid air... but magically, no spills or drippage at all!

$40 bill for a $100 tab
So it was towards the end of the night, and time to ring up the bill. Kirkland Native sees the tab, and starts putting down the tips. I am asking why he is putting so much, but he just goes yup.. yes.. I know. Ends up giving a $40 tip!

Next day:
Kirkland Native: Why didn't you stop me from tipping so much?
Me: You said you knew what you were doing last night
Kirkland Native: (bursts out laughing)... (turns to Fellow Intern) I think you might owe me some money...

LOL!

Note: So the idea was that because Kirkland Native is a regular there, we get better deals if we order through him. I guess with $40 tips, he should get VIP treatment!

Drunk Running
So after the bar, Kirkland Native and Fellow Intern decided to sprint home. Not quite sure why but ya, they ran real fast! The funniest part is they only vaguely remember exerting this much energy this late at night. Me? I just walked :)

Another fun night in Kirkland!

No comments: