Monday, June 02, 2008

First Full Outdoor Soccer Game in Years

Probably the last soccer game I played that featured two 45 min halves was in first year (if not OAC). Being outside on the field, with my shin guards strapped on, and a jersey on my back... wow, I didn't think I would ever be doing that ever again! I realized I haven't wore the shin pads for quite a while when I put them on and realized that the elastics on it had turned slack. But since I finally got them socks shipped, it was ok... just had to keep pulling them up after a few plays :)

Ran alot, saw some pretty plays. My passing was a bit off and I couldn't lift the ball up as high as I would have liked for some of the passes. I even had one really good chance to score, but I botched it big time.... it was a perfect cross from one of my teammates, I handled it with my chest, but it bounced off just a bit too far from where I wanted it to and so the defender cleared it. In hindsight, I should probably have tried to head it in right from there instead of thinking of putting it onto my legs and taking a shot. But all in all, it was a good start. Not too bad for playing for the first time in a few years!

Total time on field: about 25 minutes or so...lol. Went in midway or so in the first half, then subbed myself out a couple minute before the half ended 'cuz I was wayyy too tired. Went back in for another 10 minutes or so at the end of the second half to pad up the lead :). I wonder if I will ever be able to play for 2 45 minutes halves again... hahaha!

On the good side, our team did end up winning. We started a bit sluggish and let in a few own goals, but we pulled together and came out winning. The other team did have one less player than us, and they were definitely fatigue towards the end.

All in all, game was pretty fun, team's pretty fun. Supposedly the next teams that we will be facing will be tougher than this first one. In which case, it would be pretty fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL someone needs to get back in shape... to provide some incentive, I will challenge you to a game when you get back in August.

Hmmm... I hope you don't hold me to this cause I might not be in great shape by then either.