Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Eve 2008

Getting home and then chatting w/ Hermie for a bit, I proceeded to go to a potluck thing to see an old friend. It's been awhile since I've saw her...almost one year... if not more!

Alot has changed in the past year it seems. Funny as it sounds, this trip back has made me realized just how much everybody has been moving forward, but I have not moved much at all...

But anyway, after having dessert and playing a few games and catching up, I proceeded to go up to Law's place, to find the Waterloo crew drinking away...

One game that caught my eye was Black Jack for drinks. It has all the black jack rules, and everyone rotates being the the dealer. Dealer plays against everybody else, and if dealer loses, they drink, and vice versa. It's a pretty scary game - since in one deal the dealer could drink quite a bit! Pretty interesting idea though.

Once the new year's kicked in, Law comes up to me, and within 15 minutes, I have broken my 3 drink limit... As the night moved on, we started with beer, then moved to drinking shots of wine with uncle, and even drank some hard liquor at some point. Ate at the wee hours of the night, and before we knew it, it was 6:30am and time for bed. Got up for dim sum at 10ish and recovered the rest of the day...

Another year, another yearly tradition! Thx Law for hosting another year.

No comments: