Thursday, April 30, 2009

Salsa Night and Timeout

After a fun night of attempting Tango, tonight I took the bait and went to try salsa. Last time I tried salsa was almost 5 years ago, so it was all brand new to me by now.

Started off with a quick lesson to learn a couple basic moves. Then tried dancing a little bit with some fellow beginners. It was pretty fun, but also pretty tiring for me. Keeping count, keeping the steps... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8... who knew counting could be so hard!?

Dancing guru as always is AWESOME at dancing... completely mesmerized when she dances... Think I will look into taking some classes...supposedly it only took her one year and a little bit to get that good.

After the salsa dancing, went to the weekly Kirkland hangout to welcome the fellow intern back as a full fledged full-timer. Had some ridiculous mystery drink that was awfully minty and strong, but made me really good at pool it turns out because I was sinking tons of balls.

Got home at a decent hour... but ended up sleeping at 4am-ish...

No comments: