Friday, July 17, 2009

Crater Lake Wkend: Part I: Enroute to the fringes of Cali

Waking up bright and early, today would be my first ever camping trip on the west coast! I've always liked camping - the first time was the awesome canoe trip, and the second time I remember was a few years ago a little north of TO.

But anyway, we were all pretty on time today. Everything arrived ready to go, and we were able to get there at a decent time, build camp and fire, and eat and chill.

The drive was pretty long though - basically spent the entire day driving. But it was pretty worth it.

The lake was simply astounding. I have never seen water that blue before in my life! Also tried my first shot at shooting pictures of the night sky. Wasn't too successful tonight, but there's always tomorrow.

Called it a night after 6 beers :). Loooove camping.

In other news, looks like this will turn out to be a very $$$$ trip -- yes I know, you'd think camping would be a pretty low cost event wouldn't you... lol

No comments: