Thursday, February 17, 2011

Whooooosh!

It's been a few years... but this is probably the first time in awhile where I couldn't stand a lecture. I was literally about to walk out on the lecture part way through.

By 4th year, I've gotten to the point where I would only attend lectures that I wanted to be in - and that has helped me free up alot of time, as well as be more focused when I am at the lectures.

Fast forward to now, where I feel obligated to attend every single lecture. And I have to say, it's tough. I think for the past few lectures, I am passed out from 7 to 7:30 just from work + lecture talk kablamo.

But today was different, the last half of the lecture was a slide deck click exercise. Though I guess it doesn't matter too much because with the lack of readings available, I have been learning from wikipedia, and each weekend has been a self exploration exercise, to supplement what was mentioned in the slides. I guess it's not much different than university in the past, and I am technically in school, but the difference is that I can't take 'snow days' and 'cold days' like I used to - since I feel guilty. But then again, I also feel guilty not giving the lecturer my full attention...

Ahh the dilemna...

No comments: