Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reflection: Vegas Reflection - What do I Want?

I had wavered on this Vegas trip for months... but 2 weeks before, I decided to take this vegas trip because lately, I have realized that I haven't really done all that much in the last year. Ever since school has started I have been sort of stuck and not really moving about. Also, I was actually nervous as I was planning this whole LA-LV trip... which is sort of weird because it is probably one of the saner trips I've been on.

While I did hit Yellowstone last year, I didn't get to go to Guatemala, and my random weekend trips have dwindled to become almost non existent. Throughout the non summer months I had to always save some time on the weekends for homework (last term was even more horrible where every week I lost one of the days). So it was good to get a breath of fresh air and just go on a break.

Being able to be alone for most of the trip in sunny Cali gave me some time to reflect on a few things... in particular - the question: What do I Want?

What do I Want? ... A very simple question. I think after this trip I am slightly closer to my answer of this, but then again, do I really need an answer right now?

I have them 3 goals for 30 that I want to achieve (though with each passing day the more it looks like I am getting farther and farther away from it), but there must be more to life than just goals right? Will obtaining these goals really make me happy, given achieving goals often leads to newer goals...

Everyone wants to be happy... but how.. and who actually are?
I would venture to say the happiest people are the ones who are most carefree... so for those people, what are their goals? It's almost contradictory though for carefree people to have a goal - because if they had a goal to be carefree, they wouldn't be carefree. Perhaps not thinking so much and just letting life flow its course is the path to happiness. Hakuna Matata?

Having said that...
- to inspire each other
- to know and be able to make the person who can make you happy happy
- the eyes that can make you believe that you can make the impossible possible
- the feeling of feeling comfortable
- the desire to always be improving and becoming better
I think all of the above will play a part.

So continue I ponder... .. .

No comments: