Sunday, April 24, 2011

Vegas Weekend Part III: Winding Down and Boston Market

Another late morning wakeup, lunch today was going to be In and Out - but that turned out to be closed since it's the holidays afterall. Good for me though I guess because I was never really into In and Out at all.. haha. So instead we went to this burger place in Venetian. After Venetian, it was just hanging out for an hour or so, and back to LA I drive.

The best thing about today though was prior to leaving the hotel, I charted a road to hit a Boston Market about 5 miles or so off from the hotel where I was staying at for the night, before my flight out from LAX in the morning. So driving back (and pulling over half an hour in to take a quick 5 minute power nap), I got stuck in traffic and it took alot longer than the drive to Vegas. It turns out there is some 'produce' booth check that cars had to slow down and drive through... which I think was one of the main causes of the congestion.

Racing against time - I had called Bostom Market in the morning, they had told me that even though they are suppose to close at 10pm, sometimes they close earlier - I made up time by driving faster :). The drive back was actually pretty fun and nice because there were these straight no lights roads, and it was pretty cool because the sun was starting to set, so I saw that nice sunset + clouds view as I was driving on these hick town highways going 70+... hahaha. After thinking I got lost like 3 times, I reached the city Santa Clarita, and finally, after years, reunited with Boston Market at 9:15pm and had the awesome chicken + 2 side combo. Ahh Boston Market.. if only there was one in S.town.

With my mission complete, I head towards the hotel/motel which turns out to be really close and was right off the highway, so it was perfect. The checkin process was quick, and while it wasn't a Hilton, it was definitely decent considering it was just $44 a night. (Originally, I had thought about just driving straight to the airport and crashing on some benches, but figure I baller it up and get a bed ...lol). The bonus was I got to watch 'What happens in Vegas' (Ashton Krutcher and Cameron Diaz) on the small TV.

Pretty good way to end the weekend.

No comments: