Sunday, July 10, 2011

First Victory in Indoor (after 5+ games)...

Debating ever since coming back in the afternoon from camping, I decided in the end to go to the double header game this week.

We lost the first (though we would have been alot closer with a real goalie), and won the second (when we solicited a goalie from another team). Even though the first game was a loss, it wasn't a blowout loss like the games we had before. There were some nice tic tac toe goals too that we had, which I was real happy to see.

In the second game, with the awesome solicited goalie and a couple good midfielders, and everyone's mind set on playing together, we easily beat the other team who looked very sluggish. Though the team we played against was probably alot worse than the team we played in the first game, it is a win... the first win on this team for me - woohoo!

The not so good part was I had 3 or 4 opportunities to score, but missed them all :(. In that 2nd game, I had two where I had essentially single-handedly tore down their defense, and was less 10 yards from the net... and I missed. My shots just weren't hard enough! Gotta work on that - still don't know the angles in this indoor soccer rink.

In other news, my ankle did hold up for the most part. Though I did put this awesome ointment on it, but not bad otherwise.

I give myself a 7.0 for the first game, and a 6.8 for the second using the Fifa '11 scale ...lol

No comments: