Sunday, July 24, 2011

The inevitable has come... (flat tire)

So for a long time now, I wondered... what would it be like if I have to switch out a tire. I've seen it done a few times, but never really done it.

A week ago, the tire light came on randomly one day when I turned on the car. Pulled over and looked, but really didn't see any deflation. So thought it was once again just the Mazda being it's summer self (it does it every summer... I'd almost call it a feature... my own summer warning light :) ).

In the wee hours though, as I was driving back from I90 getting off the ramp - I hear this rumbling sound, and the smell of burnt tire. Hrm.. suddenly I think the tire pressure monitor light was on to something.

When I really knew something was up was when I went over a manhole cover, and my car's just felt like the suspension got shot. Getting home, I look, and yup, one of the tires have gone completely flat.

Through all of this - I learned that going 85ish on I90 will aggravate whatever potential leaks you have... hahaha.

Task of the day tomorrow (or today) - put on a donut... .. .

No comments: