Thursday, July 07, 2011

Karoake - without a liquor license but with Liquor???

Today was lil genius's bday celebrations, so I made the trip into the city.

Supposedly things started at 8pm, but getting there around 10pm, I was still the first one at the karaoke joint.... wtf!?!?!

The Karaoke place was interesting. They had the ipad with an app for picking songs. It was a neat concept, but the app was uber slow and after you picked a song, it would go back to the main page (which made it annoying). The other thing was apparently they have chinese songs on it (that weren't that old). So this marks the first karaoke place that has a liquor license that I have seen in WA for the past 4 years. Kudos to this place!

Even though there was this momentous occasion, in which I even provided the establishment with dice and cups to bridge the gap, the sad part was no one was really drinking this night. So perhaps out of the 15+ people there, only 4 people drank. Tsk tsk tsk... C'est dommage.

The other funny thing - once again couldn't find my car... hahaha. Tried the whole use bing maps to mark down where I parked, but I think I shifted the pin when I was zooming in. Funny how even when I am sober, unless I take a picture of the intersection, I never remember where I park... lol. Eventually after walking back and forth along the same street and backtracking, I did find my car, and voila - home I headed!

No comments: