Friday, July 29, 2011

My awesome blind bandaid fun...

This didn't occur to me till later on the night... Given the stitch was at the back of neck, how am I going to actually be able to see where I am putting my bandaid on???

So the first night, I went about painstakingly wasting 5 or 6 bandaids, finally getting one that I 'think' I placed on the right spot (though I swear there must be one where the pasty part of the bandaid was on the stitch).

So after such an ordeal, the next day I go find fellow Kirkland native to be my personal doctor (or as some people call him... nurse) - to apply my morning bandaid... haha.

But the night time was still an open issue. But with my ample life guarding + first aid training, I procured a few first aid items and went to bat. Instead of using a bandaid, I would switch to gauze, and the just tape it down with bandaids (because as it turns out, I keep forgetting to get gauze tape... .. .). With the bigger surface area, I am bound to miss sticking the bandaid's sticky part to my wound.

Result:



(this was the most recent one... I have heard (from fellow Kirkland native) that the early few looked horrible with all the bandaids criss-crossed...lol. Not bad for a blind patch job :).

PS. the size of the wound is fully covered by probably half a bandaid... but this safety net is clutch!

No comments: