Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Morning Tire Switching

Woke up, did some quick reading online, and off I went to switch out the flat.

Result: Success!

Details:
The unscrewing of the lug-nuts were a bit tough. As I suspected, I couldn't do it by hand (and this was the most difficult part I think). So listening to the online video, I put my full weight on it by standing on it. With that, the lug-nuts were safely loosened. Internet is great isn't it? After that, the rest of pretty straightforward. Though it took my probably 30 minutes or so to switch it out, not bad for a first time and reading the instructions every step of the way - quite contrary to the Ikea building experiences.

Looking at the tire, turns out the inner side was all messed up (see pic below). Have no clue how I could have gotten something like this since I have not offroaded with this car before. But I guess this means the tire pressure light was right for once afterall.


Mission Complete!

1 comment:

Virtualawrence said...

Had to go through this experience last month for roommate's gf who punched her tire out right outside our driveway :p