Monday, July 11, 2011

A Visit with the Doc

So since I booked a bunch of appointments with the Doc, today was the day I give him the laundry list of things that I need and want to get checked out.

When I told him about my weird day, he first asked about coffee (which I responded no to), then asked about alcohol. And to that I went yup, the night before I had about 8 to 10 shots equivalent over one day. I swear his eyes sorta jumped out after I said that (I guess he hasn't heard of the one hour one drink rule :P). Then he goes on to tell me that I should limit to 2 drinks a day.

Apparently caffeine and alcohol can cause the heart to beat rapidly. And lo and behold, there's a general term for it, called tachycardia. Now that might explain that recent episode, but I don't recall now if the past ones happen after I drink (which I believe didn't). Even though it hasn't happened all that much, nevertheless, continue I monitor for this closely.

In hindsight, I think I missed the bit on checking out my allergies - but a 2 hour session is more than plenty for me for a day... .. .

No comments: