Thursday, August 25, 2011

Peru+Brazil Trip: Day 0: Transits in airports

Arriving in lima, it was a very busy airport. People were bustling around, and lots of stores still open at 9 at night.

My first dish.. beef heart skewer. Interesting spices, somehow reminds me of what I ate in Egypt.
After walking around for a bit, found a spot to set up camp. So I figure I would go to the washroom first, then return. Turns out I wasn't the only one, so together with 3 other fellow airport crashers proceeded to stake our spot. Unfortunately, the mic goes off every 5 minutes row calling flights, so really couldn't sleep at all. So was stuck there for the next 4 hours until 2am, when the terminal for domestic opens again.


So at 2am, we try to get pass security, 3 of us go through, but not me :'(... turns out I needed some sticker (airport tax) on my plane ticket, and the kicker is, the booth that gets me it for free doesn't open till 4am. So quickly walking down the path of no sleep, I quickly tried to understand the situation and see if there are alternatives... turns out there is... for $8 USD, I could buy this sticker!! $8 for 2 hours of solid sleep, sooo worth it.

Easily the best sleep in the last 48 hrs!

Taxi ride was nice.. my gr 10 Spanish was money here.. conversed / talked in ultra broken spanish.. n learned lil bits of stuff along the way.. about an hour in, passed out .. but reaching there safe n sound..

No comments: