Sunday, August 28, 2011

Peru+Brazil Trip: Day 4: In Transit to Brazil


Woke up bright and early for the 5am cab, and off we go. Cab driver took a couple breaks, and it was pure Egypt driving. Driver also threw huge turns that I swear we could have died on 5 separate occasions. Oh, and he was playing some music that was pretty annoying. So result, 0 tips since I wasn't impressed at all.

Airport was the usual, for my lunch, grabbed a happy meal from good ol' McD. They forgot the toy so when a lady (so happens in a McD attire) came by to take my tray, I kicked into ultra broken spanish and charade mode... at first she didn't get it.. but as I walked down what I had, she realized: 27 year old dude wants his happy meal toy ... Mission accomplished! - a dragon like thing now is safely stowed in my bag :)

Passing in and out of consciousness, we arrive in Brazil. It's pretty humid and mild - and it's suppose to be their winter!

Arriving at the hotel, we see that it is basically transitioning to be a hotel. It tries hard - air conditioning (though water was leaking from it), LCD tv in suite (though maybe about a 16 inch or so), spacious room (though there are 2 bunk beds, and a king size in it), granite sink top and even the butt washer hose (though no complimentary shampoo)... A for effort, but not quite there yet. Still by far the most luxurious room I've stayed in since the start of this trip :).

After settling in, walked around the area to find this stone plate beef place. A sucker for sizzle and presentation, we tried it out. It was pretty good but it was also a bit salty I thought.

After dinner, we rendezvous with our remaining party who had spent a few days in Argentina, and onwards to the falls tomolo!

(Pictures to come... someday)

No comments: