Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Peru+Brazil Trip: Day 6: Foz de Iguaçu from Argentina ... NOT :(


Woke up this morning feeling like crap. Head was just pounding and wasn't really able to sleep all that much. I think it's probably a combination of: a lack of sleep, hot/cold climate switches, the dust and dirt that's accumulated on our jackets and bags, my roommates starting (or has) began getting sick, and maybe a little bit of heat exhaustion lingering from Machu Picchu. Now that I think about it, it's a miracle that my body didn't collapse earlier!

So instead of 2 hikes, 3 hour cab ride + probably an amazing view of the waterfall, decided I would instead trade that off for a couple tynenols and a long sleep so that I can be in better shape when we get to Rio (which will have us waking up at 4am to catch the flight for).

As usual with all hotel sleep in days, the maids have this urge to do their duty to clean rooms. Without a DND sign, I had to resort to say that we just needed towels so they can say they've done their part so I can sleep.

... So waking up at 3:15, I was hungry and headachy, so I popped a tynenol and headed onto town, back to the supermarket with the food court. In my almost perfect charade skills, I was able to figure out that they charge per kilo for food here, so off I went. My meal ended up being 9.91 reals! - cheapest meal by far since I have started this trip (This included a 2.00 500ml coke).

After the meal, headed more in town to walk around. It wasn't too humid or hot today due to the thunderstorm last night, so it was a good recovery and get fresh air walk. Not much worth noting in the town though - seemed pretty typical, some stores, some restaurants - a mix of both middle class department stores and dollar store like stores.

At 5pm-ish, back at the hotel. Theme of the day is to take it easy - in preparation for the final destination of the trip, Rio de Janeiro, where rumors have it I have to be ultra careful at.

Semi-sick soldier Mson sitting on a nice chair at the pool patio at hotel out.

No comments: