Thursday, September 01, 2011

Peru+Brazil Trip: Day 8: Rio de Janeiro Day 2


Woke up late today, and basically had a pretty chill day walking around Rio downtown. Taking the subway there (of which I was a bit hesitant at first given the stories of Rio), but it turned out to be pretty safe and it was just like subway in Toronto. As a matter of fact, Rio is much like downtown Toronto for the most part - didn't really see any crazy hustling or haggling this afternoon. One subtle difference is that there were these street market type things that I guess looked sorta like Kensington market, but quite a few. Overall though, still pretty much seemed like it is just a big city afterall - at least during the day.

Also hit up the MoMA here, saw some nice photographs but having said that, the museum wasn't all that big. Did see a pretty insightful quote though about the collector vs. an artist, where both require patience, being sensible and rational, and something else that I quite can't remember lol. Anyhow, I thought the quote applies to quite many things. Sat there for quite a bit pondering this.

I guess that's the nice thing about this trip. It's given me a little time to think about anything and everything - and it has helped me make some progress in thoughts that I have been pigeon-holing in. Though who knows what might happen when I return to my reality, but at least right now I feel a bit less bothered by various issues that have been lingering for awhile now, since there are tasks for me that I think I can do to not stay stuck, even if it's only a little bit. So for better or worse, Mson will march forward.

Simple thoughts, simple life, simple happiness... simple.

No comments: