Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Raj's Going Away: Step 1 - Pizza Hut...

As always with any day, one of the toughest part was trying to decide what I wanted to eat for dinner. With more and more thinking, suddenly realized I was out of time as I was heading into S.Town for some Karoake...

So I get a text from Raj to pick him up, and then I thought, perfect. Pick him up, hit up Pizza Hut (which I craved), then jump on the I90 and head in... all in ~30 minutes.

Only thing was if I sat down then ordered, I would not make it (since it takes 15 min to get there, and probably 15 min to eat). So my creativity kicks in - I would call them and order as I was driving there.

I can only imagine the surprise the person on the phone had when I went, can I order now and then sit down at the restaurant and eat... and then also ask her to run off the menu over the phone... lol. Pretty nice girl to put up with it. Nevertheless, ended up being able to order off the phone.

Though when I got there, apparently she told me that their uptight manager doesn't allow for this kind of service (call in for a sit down dinner). But luckily, the food was made and prepared. So then I went, yup, I would like to sit down, so they took the pizzas and wings out of their boxes and plated it. I thought that was pretty silly... but oh well. I got what I wanted, they got business, no one gets hurt.

Overall, pretty awesome service I thought - though the manager should probably rethink a bit in terms of why they can't handle sit down orders off the phone - when the place was so empty... .. .

Onto Rockbox...

No comments: