Sunday, March 18, 2012

Reflection: Lounging Bum Day Sunday

After the bamboo sake bottles, headed over for a St. Patty's day goodness with flip cup event. Net: Remembered everything up to maybe 2am, then things get murky... lol.

For every one night out = 1 week of rest. I think I am starting to get to this. I officially declare it takes me 1 day after 1 regular night out to recuperate... .. .

Waking up momentarily at 6:20am, I find that I had passed out on my couch after showering and changing last night... so then I casually walked back to my bed and took the rest of the well deserved sleep there.

Waking up for real this morning (ok, afternoon), I remembered I had pulled the seat down blasting music at 3am in the morning in the car after I parked - reflecting and thinking about the past, and the present. As much as I had convinced myself otherwise, nothing really had changed all that much in how I feel or think.

Today as I was reading Paulo Coelho's latest Aleph. Chilling on my couch, wrapped in a blankee... super relaxing. It's been a long time since I've been able to do this. With school and running around senselessly without direction for the last half year, just repeating the daily motions, it was nice to get this little break. This is probably the first time in years that I have just paused and breathed - it has been some time.

Anyhow, as always, thoughtful book. The book talks of loving a person... and intermingling of past, present, and future. One of these days I will really buy the entire set of books and keep them around.

It's funny in some ways, I've always said I would return the book to the original owner, yet I just never have. Nor have I begun what I said I would start doing after reading this first book. Maybe I will do this when June comes around... .. .

No comments: