Saturday, July 28, 2012

Soccer Tournament... the first in years

Was excited about today.  A double header and my body in relatively positive form (ankles and rib area pretty much healed). 

So arrived at the first one late (since I didn't read the email properly).  But I did play... got close to scoring a goal throughout the game... so after being subbed back in towards the end (with our team winning already), went for a ball that if I got it, would mean a breakaway.

A reckless challenge (on my part)... and bam!... the guy on the other team went flailing... but as he came down, he caught the tendon/muscle below my right knee.  I couldn't even stand up for a bit after this collision :(. 

Didn't end up playing the second game... since I couldn't even put weight on it.  Aiiii... getting old sucks!

(x-ray reveals the bones are in tact.. but this will probably take a few weeks to get better)

No comments: