Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bday Weekend Part I: Bday Dinner - AYCE Lobster!

It's been a couple years now since I have had bday weekends or a bday week of festivities.

Today I thought I was having a birthday like the ones I had for the last few years.  A simple dinner here and there, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary... boy was I wrong!

I was given the instruction that I had to arrive at PhD friend's place by a certain time, so I obliged :).  When I got there, I find out that unluckily, the iPhone had shattered.  She was frantically trying to figure out how to replace it (which I had thought was strange at the time... I mean, who was she waiting a call or text from?).  But anyhow, we ended up going to an iPhone store and getting a new phone.  Problem solved.

Then I was taken to dinner.  Didn't know where we were going until the very end... ... . when we were at the parking lot...lol.  I thought this was pretty awesome since I had told her about this buffet place I wanted to try because it had AYCE oysters and lobsters supposedly.  For her to take me here for my bday, I am doubly happy.. not just because it was AYCE lobsters!.. but also because I know she doesn't like buffets at all, and that she was doing this just for meeeeeeee.  Mmmmmm.....

So walking in, turns out we can't make reservations and this place is pretty packed, so she dashes towards the restroom (which I thought nothing of), while I started lining up to get a table.  At some point I thought I heard someone call my name, but I didn't pay much attention as I was looking around trying to figure how long the wait might be.  Then after I look around a bit more, I see US frequent traveller and Aman waving at me, and I thought, oh man, what a coincidence (just yesterday I had asked if they wanted to go to Mashiko and they said they had plans this, and we would arrange to meet up some time this weekend).  As I waved back, they started to wave me to them, and as I was walking towards them while wondering how they heard about this place, a light bulb (well, a text message went off... and later a phone call on Aman's phone), and I realized, they were here for me! :).  The text and call was from PhD friend, who was trying to orchestrate the surprise from the bathroom!

Turns out PhD friend somehow found lil genius's facebook (according to her, it wasn't hard because of how unprivate my profile was), and from there, was able to connect to other people, and get things organized up.  Totally wasn't expecting it at all.

AYCE Lobster!.. Buffet.. Mmm.. Thank you!

1 comment: