Monday, September 03, 2012

Vancouver Weekend: Zakutshi, K, PNE + Pottery

Labor Day Weekend Fun!  It has only been a couple months ago when I went up to Vancouver for a day trip.  The drive there was a bit traffic-ky, but when it came to Nexus, things were great.  One of the best $50 I have ever spend I would have to say.  The convenience of being able to not have to time my trips up to Vancouver is amazing.

Saturday after dim sum, I met up with my Vancouver tour guide in the evening and ate at Zakutshi. As always, she never disappoints. Really delicious, good amount of booze in tummy, and the bill is always not too $$$. Continuing on, went to her place to pre-drink and then walk over to this Karoake place next to her place. Not as crazy as before, but still pretty funnnn.

PNE was the next on the list this weekend. One of its final days. We walked around quite a bit, had some pretty decent ribs. Tried to win a stuffed dragon... but failed after numerous attempts. I wished sometimes I worked at Wonderland for a summer, so I could learn how to win those big animals. I wonder if those jobs accept resumes from older people.. hrmm....

For the final day, we went near UBC area for some famous chicken and rice, then over to pottery. Pottery I have to say was pretty fun. I painted a tea pot! (as can be seen in the picture). 

To complete the experience, finally got a chance to go to Tojo's for an omakase experience. The service is pretty excellent. The food was decent as well. I thought I had taken pictures of each dish, but I guess I was wrong :( ... It's a toss up though if I would go again if I was in Vancouver though...there's so much good food (and cheap) all over Vancouver for me to eat!

No comments: