Wednesday, October 03, 2012

First Attempt at a Cake and Canlis

Today (well yesterday) was the first day I attempted to make a cake. After looking up ideas for it during a few meetings, I figured it would be easy. Turns out a fruit cake is not as simple as it looks. Final result shown :).. It's the effort that counts right?

After presenting my cake, we went to Canlis - a fancy fine dining restaurant. Trying to make it a surprise, I didn't disclose where we were going... but then we got lost... lol.

At the end, it was her who ended up pointing us to the entrance of the restaurant... There goes the surprise :).

We got some pretty good seats, not to mention the table swirled and moved! And the service was pretty good. They even had the scraper thing to get bread crumbs off the table.

We ordered a couple things from the menu... The most memorable one for me was the desert :). The famous duck dish tasted like a peking duck, but not as good as one you would get from Vanc or Toronto.

Also, a side note. I don't take nearly enough pictures of us... gotta start doing that more.

No comments: