Thursday, November 22, 2012

Candelight Thanksgiving Dinner

A Thanksgiving feast for two.

The menu:
- Miso soup with Enoki (especially made for me)
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Bits
- Spaghetti with Tomato sauce
- A 12 lb Turkey (free range) that I hand picked
- Vegetables used to stuff the Turkey
- Apple Pie
The verdict:
Marvellous and delicious :). The turkey (which I helped pick and ahem...cook :P), was tasty. Moist and cooked juuuust right. The carving was also top notch. The miso soup was also extremely good... in fact, all the courses were good. Also made my apple pie for the first time in a few years. Used butter instead of vegetable shortening this time (because I couldn't find any at Fred Meyer or Safeway)... the crust was not as flaky, but the bottom held up pretty well. Biggest ever pie made yet!

No comments: