Monday, March 10, 2014

Okinawa and Taipei - Day 4: Aquarium Day and Naha Day 1

First Stop: Aquarium
After breakfast, we headed up to the Aquarium, where I saw all the fish that I wanted to eat :).  There was also a big tank that had a bunch of fishes.  Taking picture through the glass yielded somewhat decent results.  In some ways, it was even nicer than scuba diving!

Also saw a dolphin show, which was pretty cool.  Can't think of when I last saw such a show.

Next stop: The UNESCO Rubble site
This was a site where there used to be a fortress and shrine of some sort.  Walked around - turned out to be a pretty quick walk.

On the way back, finally had my juicebox sake in the van!  It was surprisingly good.  Law and me felt like such delinquents, trying to hide it from the driver (even though I think he blatantly knew what we were doing).  I wonder if such a thing is legal in Okinawa to do?

3rd Stop: Naha
By the evening, we made it to Naha.  We first started off by eating some Okinawan noodle near our hotel.  The place was pretty dive-y, but the noodle and price was excellent.  After that, we went towards Kokusai street to track down BJ + company.  Taking a pit stop along the way, I got a chance to try the famous goat sashimi - another Okinawan specialty (and of course, a bunch of other food :P)
Note to self: always have goat sashimi with sake - it's a whole different level with it.

Joined BJ + folks later and pints of beer later, back at hotel.

No comments: