Thursday, May 01, 2014

Mom's 60th Bday - Airport to Home for $3.00

Since Air Canada once again decided to change my itinerary, my flight was to arrive at 3:45pm instead of 6:45pm.  Air Canada is pretty sad these days, changing flights all the time.  Because of them actually (since they also changed my return flight), I now have take an extra day off work.  One of these days I am gonna complain and see what they are going to do about it.  Pretty poor customer service if you ask me - can't honor a flight, and no coupons or perks.  The least they can do is offer something for randomly changing flights.  If I changed a flight, that would cost me $60 I think, so why aren't they giving me back $60?...

Anyhow, because of this change, I needed to arrange my own transportation.  With rush hour starting up, I wasn't fond of sitting on the 401 withering away in a cab (and paying the $55 to $65 nudging along), so I decided to take the TTC :).  After getting out of the baggage area, I proceeded to an info desk to ask what are my options to get home, and the lady pointed me to the TTC (perfect!).  The bus station was actually a 2 minute walk away, and would take me to Kipling.  From there, I would take the usual route home.

Trip time - 1 hour 45 min… Price: $3.00.   Not bad!
The trip back was pretty nostalgic, just like old days when I worked in Etobicoke.  So I had a lot of fun actually.  Hahaha.

For dinner, we went out for a sumptuous birthday dinner.  4 person meal with 3 people :).  I ended up having 2 bowls of sharks fin.

Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: