So last week Aman tells me he has booked a table for my b'day at the favorite Japanese restaurant in all of Seattle - candlelight style. I kept trying to change the date since I was suppose to be at soccer… but he wouldn't budge. With a hint from lil friend, I declined the soccer, and went with him, as it turns out there was a surprise gathering unfolding :).
So I arrive, and found that everyone was there!
The food was great. Free flowing sake, yummy dishes. I hear 'we' were a bit rowdy, but it was allll good. Oh, and we had a black forest cake too - that was delicious.
1. Geoduck sashimi with pear
2. Kusshi oyster
3. Rainbow trout with carrot and daikon
4. Baby shrimp w spinach
5. Tako suomono with hot mustard
6. King salmon
7. Hawaiian albacore poke salad
8. Sardine with ponzu sauce n pickled
9. Poached abalone
10. Tuna, albacore, tuna Toro, scallop, black cod
11. Pressed sumna
12. Sea snail
13. Trout w eggs
15. Green tea and Strawberry Ice Cream Mochi
Super fun times! Thanks all!
Side note: I hear that it is getting more and more pricey - I still remember when the food portion (10+ dishes) didn't break $80 a person.