Saturday, December 27, 2014

Regal Princess Cruise - Day 7: Sea Day - Last Day of the Cruise

Pretty uneventful.  I will miss the cruise.

Some final thoughts:
I have to say, I think this whole notion of 'standard' gratuity actually makes the servers and waiters more lazy and yield poorer service.  It was much better when they worked for their tips.  With the exception of 3 sittings, all the service was pretty poor.  One lunch the waiter managed to get half of my orders wrong.  Another instance I had asked a server for a coke, he went ok, and continued to fix up tables that no one was sitting on.  Eventually he didn't even bring me a coke and I had to reorder it.

I should mention that on the lobster night, we actually tipped cash to two of the waiters that was serving us - cuz they were just awesome at what they were doing.  And after the tipping, man - the service became even better.  If only I knew that earlier, I would have totally tipped every meal!!!

No comments: