Sunday, January 11, 2015

First Soccer Practice.... Sprained Ankle :(

Given today was 50 F as reported by Snowy, I decided that I would attend practice since after all the lobsters and food and all, it was time for some exercise.

So the start of the practice was great.  I felt in good shape - wasn't tired, ball had some power, reasonably accurate.  And also after looking at some ball kicking videos last night for refreshers, figure I practice it a bit.  So for the first 15 to 30 minutes, I was working hard!

But second drill in, my old body kicks in, right ankle went crack crack... ouch!  Luckily it wasn't a big sprain as after resting a bit, I was able to jog slightly.  So I wrapped the leg up tighter and continued to play at half strength.  Did end up scoring a few goals and passing a few people.  Good enough today I guess.

Perhaps in these next 2 months I should just focus on strengthening my ankles instead of playing.. but then again, who am I kidding... hahaha

No comments: